How to be An Amazing Teacher?



At learning process, teacher has big part to shape students' quality and personality. I personally, will enjoy learning process when I like the teacher and feel comfort, that makes my learning process more effective.
Unfortunately, there are so many unqualified teachers nowadays. Some of them are lack of moral, or worse they torture their students. You can see at the TV or magazine. We face a big crisis about teacher in our education.

Now I'm attending Teacher Training and Education Faculty, to be a good teacher is what I'm learning at my college. Also I eventually have experiences at teaching because I regularly teach some children. I have a private tutoring for elementary student. So, I know a little bit about teaching.
Students will be more effective in the learning process if they are taught by a professional teacher. So here are 5 characteristics that teacher should have if they want to be professional and amazing teachers.


First, they must be patient, caring, and have kind personality.
Imagine you handle a naughty student, what will you do if you are not patient? Or imagine that you find a student with lack of focus and hyperactive, what's going to happen if you're not patient? You might be angry and throw negative words to them.
As a teacher. I try to decrease my anger and always train my patience. It is important so I will not get easily angry to people especially to my students. When I'm angry, learning process will not work. So, be patient and be kind.

Second, have ability to build relationship with their students. Great teacher is willing to listen to students when there is a problem. Learning process is not only about giving or transfering knowledge, but it also builts personality of students. So, it is important to build a (deep) relationship to students.
I usually develop this character by listening their stories. I would let them tell me everything about them, how were they day, what happened to them, and everything. This has been proven to make my relationship with them good.

Third, have dedication to teaching. Great teacher must have dedication to teaching because without dedication, then it will be no love and passion. Teachers without dedication will only teach because that is their profession. 
I personally love teaching and of course have dedication. It makes me keep teaching even sometimes I feel tired. I keep teaching my students even though sometimes I have a bad day. The dedication leads me to always increase my passion at teaching.

Forth, have knowledge of learners. As a teacher, we must know about our students. About their family, their backgrounds, their personalities, and etc. We have to know their capacity and what they're good at. 
About this, I usually hear their stories to dig up about themselves. This way effectively works. They find comfort in me and that makes learning process more effective.

The last, professional teacher must have excellent preparation and organization skill. When we teach children, we face different characters of them and we have to organize them. They also have to be excellent at preparation, because there are so much things to be prepared when you teach children. Of course it is not easy but professional teacher must have these skills.
I manage this by prepare well what my students need. I prepare the questions and the material and organize them so they can be discipline.

I think this is all about how to be amazing and professional teacher and my self improvement. Thank you so much for reading my stories. See you on next meeting, good people!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Japanese Education System

Korean Language in Its Society